WHAT WE OFFER
A child’s health always needs to be addressed with a well-rounded approach. I’m just as interested in your child’s emotional health as in their physical health. The most current research links overall physical health and many illnesses to lifestyle and mental health. For example, I have found that there are clear connections between common pediatric conditions such as acne, asthma, gastrointestinal issues, and emotional status.
This is the time when your child gets their routine health checkup. We track physical health, monitor growth, development, and age-appropriate emotional and social well-being.
Well Child Visit Schedule
- 2 weeks of age
- 1 month *
- 2 months *
- 4 months *
- 6 months *
- 9 months
- 12 months *
- 15 months *
- 18 months *
- 2 years
- 2.5 years
- 3 years
- And annually thereafter
*Notes when vaccinations are due
We offer same day sick visits. Please call as soon as you have a health concern so we can best accommodate you. In addition, we offer consultations for a variety of conditions that affect the different body systems, including:
Our behavioral health visits start with one-on-one discussions with your child. Dr. Kumarasena’s approach empowers your child and supports their emotional and behavioral development.
Children today are growing up with many diverse stressors in this age of technology and social media. This introduces new challenges to parenting. Dr. Kumarasena can help you:
- Plan a strategy to help your child handle peer pressure
- Determine your family’s approach to social media, technology, and other teenage recreational behaviors and habits
- Regulating emotions
- Taking responsibility for one’s own actions
- Building resilience to navigate difficult situations
- Implementing strategies to maximize your child’s emotional flexibility and intelligence
- Bridging any gaps in communication between you and your child
- Developing positive parenting strategies that prevent emotional and behavioral problems early on
As your child’s pediatrician, Dr. Kumarasena understands that you, as a parent, play the most important role in your child’s behavioral development. Positive parenting strategies benefit both you and your child: they help you relax and keep your cool, while improving your child’s response to your guidance. She can help you avoid parenting traps that are all too common.
- Influence your child to better follow your guidance
- Help you stay a happy, calm parent, and keep you from losing your cool
- Foster a more Responsive and less Reactive parenting style
When your son or daughter needs specialist care, I would refer them to the best specialists I know for the condition; the same specialists I would for my own kids. I admit patients to Newton Wellesley Hospital, Children’s Hospital Boston, and Massachusetts General Hospital; depending on each patient’s medical condition and need.